Have you ever looked through your vacation pictures and taken note of the small things instead of what enticed you to take the photo in the first place?
An example of what I’m referring to is, have you ever noticed the number of strangers captured in your shots.
Wouldn’t it be interesting to know how many people have, you, in their vacation pictures?
Maybe I’m weird but I think of this often, does anyone else?
We know nobody in the holiday photo above.
Interesting points about Mackinac Island.
- Mackinac Island is 3.8 sq. miles of land area on Lake Huron, with 8 miles of coastline.
- It is only accessible by watercraft or small aircraft.
- It has a Fort, built in 1780 and closed as a active post in 1895.
- Yellowstone National Park was the first National Park established, and just three years later in 1875, Mackinac Island National Park was named the 2nd National Park.
- Since 1898, motorized vehicles have been and still are restricted to emergency and some construction vehicles only.
- Peddle bikes, horses and horse drawn carts are the island’s mode of transportation.
- Fudge is the number 1 souvenir since the 1920’s.
- The 2010 Census showed 492 year round residents with approximately 15,000 summer visitors per day.
It is a beautiful place to visit with amazing architecture.