Options filtered through my mind as I did my pre-Christmas cleaning. Which in itself is a bit odd, because we won’t even be home. So maybe it was late fall, early spring, or more like catch up from being away so much cleaning.
Anyway, I actually enjoy cleaning but there are chores I dread and thought it would be fun to hear what chores others dread.
Name a chore or two you dread but grudgingly do often. Here’s a few of mine.
- Window washing (Okay, often is stretching it here, I do the outsides 2 maybe 3 times a year, insides is less, but that’s because I dread it.)
- Washing floors. (Not sure why I don’t enjoy this, and it’s really too bad it needs to be done so often.)
- Dusting or washing horizontal blinds. (I have a good reason for this one. We have 20 windows, most are big, and all of them have horizontal blinds.)
- Scrubbing the shower and tub. (The older I get the more I hate this chore. It has become easier since I started using a half and half mixture of vinegar and water with a little blue Dawn dish soap as a cleaner though.) This chore also makes me smile too, because of a comment one of my nephews made years ago. It was shortly after he moved out on his own. He was shocked when my sister told him he had to clean the tub and shower. His reasoning was, it gets washed whenever I shower.
Oh and if this was summertime instead of winter, cleaning tree fluff of the window screens is way up there on my dreaded list, and weeding flowerbeds.
Is there a chore you do regularly that you wonder why or how does this get dirty so fast.
– Cleaning ceiling fans and light fixtures.
– Cleaning the mysterious crumbs and such out of Silverware and utensil drawers. (Actually pretty much every drawer. How does stuff get in closed drawers.)
– Scrubbing kitchen sinks, including drain area and stoppers.
– Washing door and drawer fronts and handles.
If you have a choice, do you prefer to cook, or do the cleanup?
My hands down answer is do the cleanup.